Articles | Photoshop blog | Photography blog | about me | e-mail

Helen Bradley - MS Office Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

Monday, November 26, 2007

Remove spaces - Microsoft Word

I'm sure it's happened to you just as it has to me. You copy and paste some text in from the web or an email message and it comes in with leading spaces - on evey line. There are lots of ways to remove the problem starting with hitting the delete key way too many times. Stop already!

There is, however one very smart way to do it without getting a repetitive strain injury. Select the lines of text and press Control + E to center the text. With the text still selected press Control + L to left align it and voila! the spaces are gone.

Labels: , ,

Add to Technorati Favorites

10 Comments:

At July 1, 2008 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Linda said...

You're brilliant! Works perfectly, and couldn't be more simple. Thank you!

 
At September 25, 2008 at 6:34 PM , Blogger girishg said...

great tip, you are better than a IT geek, if I ask IT geek for a solution he may let me write a program to do it.

 
At December 15, 2008 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Keira Ramsay said...

OMG -- you just saved my life!! Seriously. I was working on a manuscript that had a leading space in front of every paragraph (all 165 pages of it). I'm letting all of my editors and proofers know about this posthaste!

Thanks so much!

Terri Schaefer
Editorial Director
Liquid Silver Books

 
At May 28, 2009 at 2:35 AM , Anonymous Martin said...

You are the greatest! Thank you, thank you!

 
At June 22, 2009 at 1:44 AM , Anonymous wild3jeff said...

You have just saved me a whole load of pain. If you ever need a blood donor, I am your man.

 
At July 17, 2009 at 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much

 
At August 12, 2009 at 1:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my HERO!! Thank YOU!! :o)

 
At August 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an awesome tip. You saved me a lot of time.

 
At September 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This works great!! I had a 2700 cell column in Excel that had leading spaces in some of the cells. I copied to a Word document, used this method and pasted back in Excel. VIOLA!! It worked!!

 
At October 20, 2009 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using Word 08 for Mac and it does not work...any other suggestions?

 

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comment here. Thank you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home