Articles | Photoshop blog | Photography blog | about me | e-mail

Helen Bradley - MS Office Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

Friday, March 7, 2008

MS Publisher Viewer - workaround



One of the most active keyword searches that I have with my blog is for a Microsoft Publisher Viewer. If you're familiar with Publisher you'll know that the short answer is that there is no Publisher viewer application. If you're familiar with my blog, you'll know I post cool stuff too.

So, with this in mind, today I have a sort of solution for the Publisher viewer program. It's a free online PDF document creator. Visit it at www.pdfonline.com. Here you can upload files in a variety of formats including Microsoft Publisher and files can be up to 2Mb in size - that's the real limit here. The file will be converted into a pdf format file and emailed direct to you.

It's simple and effective and a workaround for the Publisher Viewer problem - you get to see and read the contents of the file and that's what you're looking for.

Labels: ,

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 Comments:

At April 16, 2008 at 1:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent tip!
Also for files larger that 2MB use their email service, Worked perfectly for me on a Publisher file 3.7MB.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 5:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this tip! im a sys admin and had to convert a .pub for my boss's wife, this was a quick easy fix to that issue.

 

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comment here. Thank you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home