Articles | Photoshop blog | Photography blog | about me | e-mail

Helen Bradley - MS Office Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

Monday, August 27, 2007

PowerPoint Speaker Notes: PowerPoint 2007

It's sad but true, Speaker notes have changed functionality in PowerPoint 2007. It makes good sense but it's a feature to be missed by some.

In PowerPoint 2003 you could configure Speaker Notes to show on the screen at presentation time. This meant that even if you had only one monitor you could see the notes. Some folk used this tool - even though Speaker Notes weren't technically designed to be viewed by the audience.

In PowerPoint 2007 the feature has been disabled. Now you can only see Speaker Notes if you have two montiors. One for the presenter and one for the audience. The Speaker Notes apppear on the presenter's view.

So, the moral of this is, if you're using PowerPoint 2007 and you want your audience to see something - put it on the presentation itself, you can no longer bury good stuff in Speaker Notes and then expect to show it at presentation time.

Labels: ,

Add to Technorati Favorites

6 Comments:

At September 13, 2007 at 2:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too bad! In many instances, we bury good stuff there to display to audience during presentation. Microsft should bring this functionality back. I am being forced to do most of my presentation in 2003 because of the absence of the speaker notes in 2007

 
At June 23, 2008 at 4:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just purchased ppt 2007 and I am hopping mad about the absence of speaker notes. In my case I want to see my notes on the screen so that my audience does not see them as they are intended just for me, like names of people in my audience...

 
At October 1, 2008 at 7:14 AM , Blogger jorge said...

Thanks for writing this. I was getting crazy by not finding the speaker notes at my monitor.

I used them as it is supposed to use (that is, notes for the presentation) but I like to practice the presentation at my computer with the speaker notes. This way, I can't!

 
At November 19, 2008 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another huge Microsoft blunder! This feature was an important educational tool for some powerpoints I created for students to study on their own. Loss of this feature greatly diminishes the benefit of these powerpoint presentations.

 
At November 19, 2008 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another huge microsoft blunder! The loss of this feature greatly diminishes the educational impact of this medium. I used it frequently for powerpoint presentations designed for students to learn on their own.

 
At February 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

An example of technology taking 3 steps forward and 1 step backward.

 

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comment here. Thank you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home